Here in the states we think of Georgia as “The Peach State,” however, peaches were first cultivated in China where they are considered a symbol of immortality and friendship. Peaches have many health benefits which are related to the nutrients within the peach, such as, the dietary fiber, low carbohydrate, abundant vitamins, including vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, and niacin, as well as minerals, such as, potassium, cooper, manganese, and phosphorous. Because of the rich nutrients within the peach, there are many health benefits of eating peaches.
TAKE A BITE OUT OF THESE FIVE HEALTH BENEFITS OF THIS JUICY SUMMERTIME FRUIT:
1. Healthy bones and teeth. Peaches contain phosphorous, which along with other minerals helps strengthen bones and teeth. Phosphorous also aids in the prevention of some bone diseases, like declassification, which can lead toward osteoporosis. Eating foods like peaches that contain phosphorous, along with calcium and vitamin C, which are also found in peaches, these play important roles in strengthening jaw bones and gums, which helps keep the teeth healthy.
2. Strengthen the immune system. The antioxidants in peaches, such as, vitamin C and zinc are required for the normal functioning of the immune system. Both zinc and vitamin C affect collagen healing, and subsequently wound healing. Zinc and vitamin C also have antioxidant properties, which can help fight infections.
3. Anti-aging. Peaches are a great source of zinc, which also has anti-aging properties. Also, zinc interferes with the aging process of male reproductive organs, by boosting the levels of testosterone in the body. Peaches either eaten or put on the skin have been shown to be a great natural moisturizer. The peach is in the almond family and often the oils of the peach can be used to make cosmetics when almond oil is not used. Additionally, it has been reported that peaches have a positive effect on the scalp to reduce hair loss.
4. Protect the nervous system. Peaches have been shown to decrease neurodegenerative disorders, such as, Alzheimer’s disease. It has also been shown to decrease the risk of macular degeneration.
5. Snack healthy! An average size peach contains about 35-50 calories and has no fat. It’s also a great source of vitamins A and C, and high in fiber and potassium. This fuzzy fruit will make you feel full and keep you from overeating.